In ILLESLEX Abogados the hotel, tourism and leisure law department is composed by a team of lawyers with wide experience in this sector, offering a global legal advice, both in and out of court in all questions related to the touristic activity in Majorca.
As well we work with external co-operators experienced in other sectors, enabling us to offer an integral legal service of highest quality to our clients.
We advise and represent both clients in their condition as users of tourist services and all kind of natural or legal persons, who develop their activities as corporations in tourism: Firms offering holiday accommodations (hotels, rural tourism, convention centres, etc.), touristic residences, commercialization of touristic stays in housings, restaurants, hospitality industry, intermediation (travel agencies, tour operators, etc.); air, maritime and land transport companies, leisure, entertainment, sports, culture, information and tourist assistance firms, shopping centres, golf resorts, fairgrounds, museums, expositions, etc.
Our specialized team offers among others the following services:
- Integral legal advice to corporations in the tourism sector. We advise and intervene in all the necessary administrative steps to start, establish, develop and participate in touristic activities
- Processing of public assistance and subsidies for the realization of the touristic activity
- Continuous advice service as guarantee for the compliance of the valid legislation during the realization of the tourist activity
- Assistance and representation in front of administrative organisms, tourism inspectors and in disciplinary proceedings and appeals against public administrations as well as representation in contentious-administrative proceedings
- Labour and fiscal advice on all issues related to the matter
- Negotiation, elaboration and execution of contracts (hotel management, lease, franchise, agency, technical services, etc.)
- Advice on the different possible ownership structures for touristic installations, hotels, holiday clubs, apartments in shared property, construction and installation of golf resorts, spa’s, amusement parks, sport and leisure facilities, etc.
- Advice on cross-company usage rights, other forms of cession and utilization of touristic unities, time-sharing, fractionated properties, etc.
- Time-sharing of vacation properties
- Long-term holiday products
- Re-sale and exchange contracts
- Legal advice on advertising and pre-contractual information for the hiring of tourism products